Saketa turbo migration boosts up the migration speed to SharePoint online by leveraging the new O365 Migration API and Azure.
This results in fast and hassle-free migration even with huge data.
How It works
The content will be first uploaded to Azure storage and from their azure will migrate the content to SharePoint online or OneDrive for Business. Once the migration to SharePoint is completed the data that is uploaded to azure will be cleared.
- User must have Microsoft Azure storage account
- Destination connected site should be SharePoint Online.
- User should have site collection admin privileges in the destination connected site.
Create Azure storage Account
We need to create general-purpose v2 storage account in the Azure portal to use the Saketa turbo Migration.
To create this account, please follow the steps mentioned in the article Create Storage account.
Get the Access key for storage Account
We need to get the access key for the storage account to be used in Saketa turbo migrator.
Please follow the below steps to obtain the Storage Account name and Access key.
- Sign in to the Azure dashboard.
- In the navigation pane, click on All Resources.
- Choose the desired storage account.
- Click on the Key icon to view the access keys for the storage account.
Note: Each storage account has two storage access keys. Any of them can be used.
- To copy a storage access key, click on the Copy icon next to the key you want to copy.
Enable Saketa Turbo Migration
Once you obtain the access keys for the storage account you can configure Turbo Migration in Saketa Migrator.
Steps to enable turbo migration
- Click the settings icon at the bottom left of the Saketa Migrator.
- Click on the Migration Speed tab and click on Click Here to Add button under Saketa Turbo Migration to Office 365.
- A popup appears where we can provide the storage account name and storage account access key which we have retrieved earlier from azure.
- Once you click on the Add button the storage account will be added successfully. The turbo feature will now be available for all new migrations.